Dreams

"Alone our Dreams create Hope... Together our Dreams create MIRACLES. ~ Dawn Saul.............................All material Copyrighted.



Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Grief... My Own Way

My Grief... My Own Way   ... by Dawn Saul 

My son, Jimmy died two years ago. (July 28th is his 'ANGELversary'). As his Mother I miss him more deeply than words can ever express. As the dates for his birthday and his passing have approached... I find myself reliving moments of his life over and over again like a movie. I have been both physically and emotionally drained, yet I have also found a calmness. My faith in knowing my son, Jimmy is joyously blissful and that we shall meet again in heavens sky... This belief sustains me!
I grieve in my own way. I will not allow Jimmy's death to define me. I allow my heart and soul to lead the way and I EXPRESS my grief in any way that I see fit. I will no longer allow others to tell me what is an appropriate way or time to mourn. The process of mourning is part of my healing. Only I know what is best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment